1. NO SMOKING inside Blackberry Preserve. Smoking is allowed outside only. If smoking is detected upon inspection of the rental property after departure a $100 fee for ionization/air purification will be charged.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Blackberry Preserve is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any loss of the Tenants or guests personal property or bodily injury or damage of any nature from any cause to the Tenants or guests unless caused by the negligent or willful act of the Owner, or the failure of the Owner to comply with the Vacation Rental Act. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. The Owner is also not responsible for skiing conditions, insects, rodents, flies, or other pests, weather conditions, road conditions, power outages, acts of God, criminal activities, economic downturns, or any other activity event or condition beyond its control.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Tenants must not move furniture or décor.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. PETS are permitted on a case by case basis and only with prior approval. The Pet Addendum must be completed.
7. No campers, mobile homes, tents, or campfires are allowed. House parties are strictly prohibited and may result in expedited eviction. Any complaints filed with the police or sheriff’s department against Tenant will result in expedited eviction. Rental property is not to be used for any reason or purpose that violates any criminal law or government regulation. Commercial use of property is prohibited.
8. Grilling is permitted on the uncovered portion of the deck. Propane refills are the Tenant’s responsibility. If Tenant uses grill it must be cleaned.
9. Parking is limited to 4 vehicles. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking area only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
10. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels for use with other activities outside of the cabin as we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin. If the outside trash needs to be removed during your stay it can be taken to
Solid Waster/Trash Convenience Station
· 221 South in Blowing Rock - 5600 Hwy. 221 South, Blowing Rock
· 321/Aho Rd in Blowing Rock near Hatchet Jack’s - 5645 Hwy. 321 South, Blowing Rock
11. Pregnant women, people with chronic medical conditions and children under the age of 5 are NOT permitted in the HOT TUB at any time. Children over the age of 5 must have continuous adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
12. Blackberry Preserve has a wood burning FIREPLACE. Please be sure to open the damper by pulling the lever toward yourself. Tenants are responsible to provide their own firewood. Please do not leave fires unattended. Carefully dispose of ashes prior to check-out.
13. The cabin has filtered WELL WATER and SEPTIC TANK. The mineral content in the water is high. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $250.
14. Blackberry Preserve is equipped with one TELEPHONE, WIRELESS INTERNET access, three TELEVISIONS with satellite, and a DVD player for the Tenant’s convenience and comfort. Local calls are provided at no additional cost. The wireless internet password and satellite TV directions will be provided on location.